IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety!
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office always follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you come to the office.
- Our waiting room is temporarily closed. Please call our office upon your arrival. Separate entrances are used for different procedures.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Also, your temperature will be taken and we will also provide a facemask to most of our patients.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Medical grade high-efficiency H13 HEPA filtration units are throughout the office to capture any aerosols.
- Furthermore, you might notice some different equipment used during your procedures to help keep everyone safe.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (812) 934-3651.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.